The Sims 2 is a life simulation video game where players control the actions of their people called sims. The gameplay in The Sims 2 is just like real life where people have basic needs but they also have wants and various life goals. It’s up to the player to take care of their sims to not only keep them alive but also make sure they’re happy and get what they want sometimes. Just like life The Sims 2 can be hard at times because we don’t have access to the things we need. That’s why there are so many cheats available for The Sims 2.
You can open the box where cheat codes are entered in The Sims 2 by pressing the CTRL, SHIFT, and C button at the same time. If these codes don’t work for you try entering boolProp “testingCheatsEnabled true”. These are the most useful cheat codes we found for The Sims 2:
- The code players find most helpful is the motherlode By typing this into the cheat window the player will gain 50,000 simoleans, the currency in The Sims 2. It can be used an unlimited number of times so players can build up their bank super fast and not have to struggle with the financial aspect of the game.
- Enter vsync (on/off) to alter the games performance. If it’s running slow and lagging turn this on to make it run smoother. If you prefer the higher quality graphics you can turn it back off.
- If you use the motherlode cheat and have no need for a career you may want to try out the unlockcareerrewards to earn different unique items that are only given to Sims who reach certain levels in their career.
- A really cool code, boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true/false, allows you to place different objects like furniture outside of the restricting grid that would originally prevent you from doing so. This would make it easier to fit your house along with pools and such in your yard.
- Since Sims are based on humans they actually age and eventually die. Type in aging off to keep them from growing old. You can also turn it back on later if you’d like with aging on.
- The Sims 2 displays the Sims and the world from what’s almost a birds eye view so it can be hard to see what’s going on when things like trees are in the way. Just enter boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora (True/False). Trees and plants will disappear all around the players Sim if this code is set to true and they can come back if it’s set to false.
- The autopatch (on/off) code will allow patches for The Sims 2 to pop up automatically.
If for some reason a player doesn’t want to use cheat codes there are other ways to make The Sims 2 gameplay easier. One thing you can do is buy and sell items after you use them. For example, if your sim wants to get in shape you can buy exercise equipment, use it to level up the Sims body meter, and then sell it back to the sim shop for the original price you paid.